Terms & Conditions
Revised as of 27/10/2017
Use of our site includes accessing, browsing, or registering to use our site and setting up an account for our site (a “Howdy Hub Account”). Use of our app includes downloading the app. We may from time to time provide products or services via or in connection with the use of any of the Howdy Platforms (collectively, “our services”).
www.howdy.co is a site operated by Howdy Hub Limited (“Howdy UK”), Howdy Hub PTE Ltd (“Howdy Singapore”) and other companies within the group (collectively, “Howdy Group” or “we” or “us” or “Howdy Hub”).
Howdy UK: Howdy UK is registered in England and Wales under company number 09410382 and have its registered office at Howdy Hub Limited, 6th Floor, 4 Coleman Street, London, EC2R 5AR.Howdy UK’s main trading address is at 13 Great Jubilee Wharf, 78 Wapping Wall, London, E1W 3TH. Its VAT number is 215 284 228.
Howdy Singapore: Howdy Singapore is a company incorporated in Singapore under company number 201613369K and has its registered office at 80 Raffles Place #25-01 UOB Plaza Singapore 048624.
Other companies in the Howdy Group: From time to time, we may update our site to make reference to or include other entities within the Howdy Group, as we may deem appropriate.
You are entering into this agreement with the relevant entity within the Howdy Group.
Place of residence: If you reside in the United Kingdom or any of the countries within Europe, you are entering into this agreement with Howdy UK. If you reside in Singapore or any of the countries outside the United Kingdom or Europe, you are entering into this agreement with Howdy Singapore.
Age: By using our services, you represent and warrant that you are 18 years old or older if the law requires that you must be older in order for us to lawfully provide the services to you without parental consent.
We may change our services from time to time. However, please note that in the event that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, we are under no obligation to update it.
Objections: If you object to any changes, you may close your Howdy Hub Account. Your continued use of our services after we publish our changes to these terms means that you have accepted the amended terms.
ACCESSING OUR SERVICES
Our services are currently provided free of charge. However, we reserve the right to charge for our services in future.
If we do decide to impose charges in future, we will notify you using the contact details provided by you to us and you will be entitled to choose whether or not to continue to use our services at the applicable charge.
We do not warrant, represent or guarantee that our services will always be available or be uninterrupted or free from errors. Access to our services is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our services without notice to you or to any person. You agree that we will not be liable to you if for any reason our services are unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access our services.
ACCOUNTS AND PASSWORDS
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. You agree to try to choose a strong and secure password.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
However, please note that you are responsible for anything that happens through your Howdy Hub Account. You agree not to share or transfer your Howdy Hub Account to anyone else.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS ON THE HOWDY PLATFORM?
We are the owner and/or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our services, including any text, data, graphics, images and illustrations on our site and on the app (together the “Content”).
The Content is protected by copyright laws and treaties in the applicable jurisdictions. All such rights are reserved.
RESTRICTIONS ON USE
You must not:
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices from any portion of the Howdy Platforms;
- reproduce, modify the copies of any Content or have it printed off or downloaded in any way;
- copy any of the Howdy Platforms except where such copying is incidental to normal use of the site or app or necessary for the purpose of back-ups;
- distribute, transfer, publicly display, perform, transmit, stream, broadcast or otherwise exploit the Howdy Platforms except as expressly permitted by us;
- use our services in any way that would violate our rights or the rights of a third party;
- rent, lease, sub-license, loan, adapt, vary or modify the Howdy Platform or permit the Howdy Platform or any part of it to be combined with or become incorporated in any programs;
- disassemble, decompile, reverse-engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the Howdy Platform; or attempt to do any such thing except and to the extent that such actions cannot lawfully be prohibited;
- use our services in any way that is likely to offend, harass, defame, harm or violate the privacy of any person;
use our services in any unlawful manner or for any unlawful purpose;
- use the Howdy Platforms or the services in any way that could hinder the operations, damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users; and
- collect or harvest information or data from our services or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running our services.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
The Content is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely on. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the Content.
We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied that the Content is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
LIMITATION ON OUR LIABILITY
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our services, including the Content, whether express or implied. Without limiting the foregoing, we exclude any warranties and representations relating to merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of data and non-infringement, or any guarantee that the services will function without interruptions or errors.
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with your use of, or inability to use our services or your reliance on the Content.
To the extent permitted under the applicable laws and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we will not be liable to you for:
- loss of use, profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- loss of data or other intangibles;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings or cost of procuring substitute services or goods;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any punitive or incidental, indirect or consequential loss or damage,
even if we have been advised previously by you of the possibility of such damages occurring.
UPLOADING OR POSTING CONTENT
Any content uploaded or posted by you (your “User Submissions”) must be truthful and accurate (where it states facts), be genuinely held (where it states opinions) and comply with applicable laws in the United Kingdom, Singapore and any other country from which it is sent.
Your User Submissions must not:
- be defamatory, deceptive or misleading, obscene, offensive, sexually explicit, hateful or inflammatory or likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person or invade any person’s privacy;
- promote discrimination on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, sexually explicit material, violence or any illegal activity;
- infringe any intellectual property right including copyright, database right or trade mark of any person;
- breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- give the impression that it emanates from us, if this is not the case; or
- assist any person in or promote any unlawful act.
You further warrant and represent that your User Submissions will comply with the standards set out in these terms. You agree to be liable for any breach of these terms, and will hold the Howdy Group harmless from and shall indemnify the Howdy Group fully against any claims arising from a breach of these terms.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU GRANT TO THE HOWDY GROUP AND OTHER USERS?
Certain features of our site or the app may allow you to post, upload or transmit the following different types of User Submission:
- User Submissions which are accessible to all users of our services (“Public User Submissions”);
- User Submissions which will be accessible only to you (a “Private User Submission”); and
- User Submissions should only be accessible to other users of our services identified by you (“Limited Audience User Submissions”).
Subject to the restrictions set out below, you grant the following worldwide, royalty free, perpetual, transferable, non-exclusive licences in relation to your User Submissions:
- a licence for us to use all of your User Submissions for all purposes in connection with our business, including the right to sub-license, copy, modify, create derivative works of, distribute or use such User Submission in all formats and distribution channels without further notice to you, and without the requirement of payment to you or any other person or entity;
- a licence for all other users of the Howdy Platform including our site, the app or the services to use any of your Public User Submissions for all purposes in connection with their use of our services;
- a licence for those users named by you to use your Limited Audience User Submissions for all purposes in connection with their use of our services.
Where you upload or post Public User Submissions in connection with a public event which is promoted on the Howdy Platform, you agree that we can share the aforementioned Public User Submission with the organiser of the event and that you have obtained the required consents (including under the applicable privacy laws) to share the aforementioned Public User Submission from the relevant parties. You also agree that the organiser may display the aforementioned Public User Submission on its website and social media pages. We disclaim all liability of any kind arising from the unauthorised access to or use of your User Submission.
We will not share your Private User Submissions with other users of our services and will only share your Limited Audience User Submissions with those users identified by you.
We may disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any of your User Submissions constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy, and you hereby consent to such disclosure.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR USER SUBMISSIONS
In particular, where your User Submissions contain personal data and/or information from third persons, you confirm that you have permission or consent from these persons to upload, post or share them, in accordance with the personal data protection laws of the relevant jurisdictions.
We have no control over and will not be liable in relation to User Submissions submitted by other users of our services or in relation to how other users use your User Submissions.
We will not be responsible to you in relation to any dealings, transactions or interactions you have with third parties via or in relation to our services.
We will not be required to be involved in any dispute between you and another user of our services or between you and any third party who becomes known to you as a result of our services.
REPORTING ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR
We strive to welcome people to an environment that is free from abusive content. To do this, we rely on our users. If you see something on any of the Howdy Platforms that you believe to be offensive or inappropriate, please report it to us. We will review the things that you report to help make the Howdy Platforms safe.
Please bear the following in mind:
We may take action if a user is deemed to have been abusive or behaved inappropriately towards another user. Reporting something doesn’t guarantee that it will be removed because it may not be deemed to be offensive or inappropriate by the Howdy Group team. Our content reviewers may contact you for further information about communications between you and the reported user.
If you report content, we may be in touch with you to clarify what content was abusive or inappropriate. The number of reports does not impact whether something will be removed. We never remove content simply because it has been reported a number of times. The consequences vary depending on the severity of the violation and the person’s history on any of the Howdy Platforms.
For instance, we may warn someone for a first violation, but if we continue to see further violations we may restrict a person’s ability to network on the Howdy Platforms or ban the person from the Howdy Platforms (including the site or app).
We also offer you the ability to block people. People also often resolve issues they have about a piece of content by simply getting in touch with the person who messaged them. Nevertheless, we are not advising that you send messages to persons with whom you may not wish to be in contact with.
We do not guarantee that our services will be secure or free from bugs or viruses and will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our services or to your downloading of any Content, or on any website linked to our site.
You are responsible for deciding if you want to access or use third party apps or sites that link from our site or services, and you should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our services by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site or the app is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our services. You must not attack our services via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice or compensation.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists or establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
ENDING YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES
You can stop using our services and may close your Howdy Hub Account at any time by notifying us at email@example.com
We can also terminate or suspend your access to our services for any reason by giving you written notice.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES ON OUR SITE
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and assume no responsibility for those contents. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Third Party Rights
GOVERNING LAWS AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
Thank you for using our services.
Howdy Hub Ltd is a registered company in England and Wales, company number 09410382
Howdy Hub PTE Ltd is a registered company in Singapore, UEN 201613369K